Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More Mammoth

Took another Mammoth trip this past weekend. This was the first time I've done the downhill stuff 2 days in a row. I feel like I can't get enough now. For the first time in awhile I feel like I'm getting better at some things. There's still a few sections I walk down, but I give most of it a try now.

Twilight Zone is the newest trail at Mammoth. It's listed as a double black diamond, but it wasn't as tough as the other double blacks, it was just pure fun. Huge banked wall, plus lots of jumps and bridges.

We really didn't waste too much time taking pictures or video. Really it was just 1 run down where we got some stuff, then I got a few quick pics on a couple trails by myself.

1 comment:

joy said...

haha.... what technical skills? You're mocking me. ;-) Thanks believing in me with the stairs... if it weren't for that I wouldn't have done it. Too bad I can't convince myself to believe you for all the other stuff. In time... hopefully. I can only hope that one day I'll ride as good as you... for now I'll boast in my photography/video skills of you doing the technical stuff. :-)

Your video looks great. It makes me want to do The Twilight Zone... enticing picts. I like the slow motion of your jump when you're coming at the camera... too bad the sun was in the len's eyes. And the last shot of you in the air was a nice ending shot. Too bad that the video and picts don't really capture how technical it all was and how impressive your feat really was. I would've walked... but that's a no-brainer considering stairs was a HUGE accomplishment for me. Anyways, your videos were great as always... thanks.

p.s. feel free to delete or edit this comment. It doesn't matter to me. I just did it this way (vs. email) so you can feel popular with someone reading your blog. hehe. ~joy